Splinterlands is one of the extremely interesting games developed on the HIVE platform. This is one of the card games that requires the player’s skill to earn money through gaming. Below is an article that details the features included in this game.
I’m Steven – let’s learn from A – Z.
- Splinterlands Key Features: NFT Cards, Dark Energy Crystals ($DEC), Splinterlands Guilds, Splinterlands Multi-Blockchain Bridge.
- Splinterlands supports Ethereum (ETH ), Tron (TRX), WAX and BSC blockchain.
- Players can form a Guild or join an existing Guild.
- Splinterlands is built on the Hive blockchain and is currently the largest project on this blockchain.
- The Splinterlands ecosystem is large and multi-blockchain as it has different tokens. Splinterlands supports Ethereum (ETH), Tron (TRX), WAX and BSC blockchains. Their base currency can be used to purchase $DEC and NFT tokens in the Splinterlands ecosystem. Users can transfer in-game rewards and convert their cards into NFTs.
1. NFT Splinterlands as a card
According to Dappradar, Splinterlands is one of the most played NFT games in the world with over 260,000 daily players.
Splinterlands has hundreds of different cards and parcels of land. The lots are among the most limited NFTs available and they are all sold out by October 2021.
Splinterlands stands out from other games by allowing instant NFT withdrawals. If a user wants to withdraw NFT from the game for sale, they can withdraw it to the MetaMask wallet and sell it on any supported open market.
2. Dark Energy Crystals (DEC) as currency
Dark Energy Crystals (DEC) is the main currency used in the Splinterlands to pay rewards. Players can only get $DEC through access to the Spellbook and the registration fee will be $10.
$DEC is also used to reward winners in in-game matches.
$DEC can be purchased on decentralized exchanges like Uniswap and Pancakeswap. They can use currencies like Ethereum and Tron to swap for $DEC and deposit it into the game for use.
Players can win $DEC through the following ways:
- Battle other players: If a player enters a battle, they can spend $DEC by winning the game and this is determined based on the strength of their cards. When a player wins two matches in a row, they get a bonus of $DEC from the game. Besides, Splinterland will also organize a lot of tournaments so that you can increase the amount of $DEC earned during the game.
- Receive gifts: Players can give $DEC to others easily through the wallet address or the name of the recipient they want to send.
- Trade Tokens (NFT): Users are free to trade, buy/sell their NFT tokens on the open market. There are trading platforms where users can buy these NFT tokens and then resell them for a profit. They can also use them and rent them out in the game for some passive income.
- Burn Token (NFT): If a user burns an NFT token, that token is immediately removed from the blockchain. Once deleted, that NFT will be sent to the Genesis wallet (an unreachable wallet address). Not only does this increase the scarcity of NFT items, but it also helps NFT burners receive a $DEC as an income.
Note: All these features are only available to players after they purchase the Spellbook for $10.
3. Splinterlands Guilds as a Team
Most of the players of the Splinterlands were part of a “clan”. Clans are groups of players that gather together to make it easier to win battles and share $DEC rewards after playing.
If players want to have a high chance of winning in the game, they can invite their friends and form a clan. Winning more means there are more $DEC and more experience earned.
4. Splinterlands Multi-Blockchain Bridge
Splinterlands bridges the world’s largest blockchains, making it easy to reach new users. The most used bridge is Ethereum. Users can buy $DEC on Uniswap and directly fill in their account balance to join the game.
DEC can be converted to ETH, TRX, HIVE and WAX.
For example, if a user wants to convert their DEC balance to TRX, they will need a Tron Network wallet such as TronLink and then they can transfer their balance to Tron. This saves a little fee instead of using Ethereum.
Users can also convert their Splinterlands tokens to ERC-721 and sell them on OpenSea or other NFT marketplaces like Rarible. New users can buy stronger cards on the NFT market for a higher chance of winning in tournaments.
Above are the basic features included in Splinterland. This article hopes to help you in your investment process in the future.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or project ideas, please email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The information on this Website is provided as an overview of the market and does not constitute financial advice. GameAZ encourages you to do more research before deciding to invest.