If you are looking for a farm game, you should not ignore the game Town Star. So what is Town Star? This is a farm-building game from the Gala Games platform – the game is defined as the “flagship” of Gala Games, where the best quintessence of the Gala Games platform is gathered. It is built on Gala’s decentralized network and uses Ethereum blockchain technology.
Player-owned in-game NFTs provide in-game advantages that can be purchased and traded on third-party marketplaces! The game is carefully designed with professional graphics and farm gameplay close to all ages. Players are expected to become the famous Play-to-Earn Farming in the world!
I’m Harry – Let’s explore this project from A to Z with me!
- Town Star – a farm-care and town-building game that is extremely user-friendly, developed by the team behind Zynga’s FarmVille project and released with support from the Top Tier platform in the Blockchain Game industry – Gala Games.
- The player’s task in Town Star is to take advantage of the limited space and limited initial resources to build and develop into a bustling town that produces high-quality agricultural products that can be sold to nearby cities/towns to earn money to continue building the town to higher ranks. During the development process, players will earn Town Points, through which they will distribute $TOWN tokens that can be traded on DEX/CEX exchanges for profit.
- Town Star is released on the Gala Games platform, so the economy is operated by 2 main tokens, $GALA and $TOWN. $GALA plays a governance role used to purchase NFT items and $TOWN plays the role of a currency token in the game, distributed as a reward for players through activities when playing the game with the condition of Town Point, Gala Power.
- Published and supported by Gala Games, this Blockchain Game platform has received a $100 million investment from C2 Ventures – Ciara Sun-owned Venture Capital.
1. What is the Town Star Project?
Town Star is a strategy, construction, farm care and town development game by Zynga – the company behind the game FarmVille.
In Town Star, the player’s daily task is to manage production and use materials to make goods. Taking advantage of the original space and resources, the player must develop and expand his town, optimally combining the town’s workforce (AI) to participate in the crafting of increasingly valuable goods.
Unlike some other farm games that require players to assign specific jobs to workers in each production activity of the buildings, your Town Star citizens are a function of the building. They will do the production yourself in the building you build. Their work productivity as well as the speed of completing their work will be “elevated” according to the Level of that project.
The goal of the game is to grow, collect, and craft your way to an efficient town with a yield beyond imagination. Are you ready to become a Town Star?
2. What is the highlight of Town Star?
2.1. Play to Build
Starting the game, the player will build the town from scratch by installing structures such as farms, ranches, resource production facilities, even power plants. Then, use his management ability to ensure the “automation” of the citizens’ labor to stabilize the production of the buildings in the town.
2.2. Build to Win
Town Star players must wisely use the money they start the game with to build systems to generate resources (water, electricity, wind, wood, oil, gasoline…) using buildings to manufacture goods of increasingly high quality.
Through the obtained products, transport them to neighboring cities and towns to trade to earn money to continue developing the town to the next level.
2.3. Win to Earn
Players win by selling increasingly valuable finished goods and accumulating more Town Points than other players. This Town Point will then be converted into $TOWN Token according to the game’s conversion rate.
In addition, every week Town Star still has competitions about production output between “town owners” with each other. Based on the value and difficulty of producing certain goods, the player also earns Star Points with each delivery. The player with the highest number of Star Points climbs
On the leaderboard during the timed competition, the highest scorer at the end of the contest will receive a reward in the form of $GALA (GC).
The weekly contest rewards will be sent to the winners in the Treasure Chest.
Since Gala Games is built on a blockchain that allows assets to actually be owned by players, players can purchase many in-game items from the Town Star store or from a third-party marketplace like Opensea. These NFTs don’t cost money to place them in your town, but they give Bonus to the player with special rewards for producing (speed boost, production boost…). Some characters can help your workers increase productivity and more.
On top of that, by placing property owned by Town Star players in your town, you can qualify to earn TownCoin ($TOWN), Town Star‘s official Play-to-Earn rewards token.
3. Town Star Roadmap
Currently, Town Star from the GALA game house does not offer a game development Roadmap. This information will be updated from time to time.
4.1. Key metric of $GALA and $TOWN
4.1.1. About $GALA token
- Token Name: Gala Token
- Ticker: GALA
- Blockchain: Ethereum & BSC Blockchain
- Token Standard: ERC – 20 & BEP-20
- Ethereum contract: 0x15D4c048F83bd7e37d49eA4C83a07267Ec4203dA
- BSC contract: 0x7ddee176f665cd201f93eede625770e2fd911990
- Token Type: Governance
- Maximum total supply: 50,000,000,000
- Current total supply: 38,000,045,311 (Updated on August 28, 2022 according to Coingecko)
- Supply in circulation: 7,542,496,572 (Updated on August 28, 2022 according to Coingecko)
4.1.2. Information about the $TOWN . token
- Token Name: TownCoin
- Ticker: TOWN
- Blockchain: Ethereum Blockchain
- Token Standard: ERC – 20
- Contract: 0x3Dd98C8A089dBCFF7e8FC8d4f532BD493501Ab7F
- Token Type: Utility
- Maximum total supply: 383,596,187 $TOWN
4.2. Allocation and Vesting Schedule of $GALA tokens
17,123,286 $GALA was distributed daily at 09:00 (UTC+7) during July 21, 2021 – July 20, 2022. Half of this $GALA is distributed to the Founder’s Node Moderator and half is distributed to the Gala Games Governance.
Every year, on July 21, the distribution of $GALA will be halved. For example, starting July 21, 2022, the daily distribution of $GALA will be 8,561,643 instead of 17,123,286.
4.3. $GALA Utilities
- Using $GALA to buy items from within the Gala Games ecosystem; specifically in Town Star, the token is used to buy NFT items that can increase Earn in Town Star.
- Running Node to be able to receive in-game item rewards integrated.
4.4. $TOWN Utilities
$TOWN is a coin or token exclusively created by Gala Games as a reward for playing to earn with Town Star’s NFT.
- Exclusive NFT items can only be purchased with $TOWN
- Upgrades and utilities in the game.
- Hold $TOWN to get additional benefits like Gala Power and Town Power.
4.5. How to get $GALA, $TOWN
How to get $GALA:
- When you become a Founder’s Node miner on the Gala Games platform, you will receive daily Distribution Points and a chance to receive items and $GALA tokens in the chest. Chests can be minted into NFT for trading or opened to receive the gifts inside.
- Buy $GALA through CEX/DEX exchanges that list $GALA tokens.
How to get $TOWN (temporarily stopping distribution of $TOWN):
- $TOWN can be earned using NFT items in Town Star.
- Joining as an operator of Founder’s Node Gala can get $TOWN.
- Completing daily tasks to qualify for Star Point will receive a reward of $TOWN.
- Every time you level up Gala Power, you will unlock the number of NFT items used. These NFTs when used to order construction in the game will receive a $TOWN reward (depends on the amount of $TOWN, $GALA held in the wallet. player’s connection, or depending on the Referral, the “age” of the game account….).
- Join the Season Pass to get $TOWN. Season Pass is NFT, can be purchased through the store or NFT Marketplace (Opensea).
- All players entering Play-to-Earn with the appropriate GALA Power and TOWN Power will earn Town Points corresponding to their betable NFTs.
- These Town Points earned are subject to change based on rarity and in-game utility. At 00:00 UTC daily, $TOWN tokens will be distributed to all players who have earned Town Points and been qualified the previous day.
- The amount of $TOWN distributed is based on the amount of $TOWN in the Daily Distribution Pool with the total Town Points earned during the day. The more points that have to be distributed to the total players, the less $TOWN/person gets.
For example, if the Daily Distribution Pool of $TOWN is capped at 1.75 million $TOWN, the total Town Point earned for all users is 2.5 million points => 1 Town Point = 0.7 $TOWN => If the user is eligible to receive 50 Town Points, they will receive 35 $TOWN that day.
- Town Power determines the maximum Town Point that the player can earn for completing daily quests. These Town Points are used to determine the amount of $TOWN can be earned at the end of the day.
For example in the image above, the maximum Town Points that can be earned with $TOWN and $GALA in the current wallet is 9,043 points. A person wants to know how much $TOWN they need in their wallet if they have earned 500 $TOWN in the last allocation through https://townstar.com/town-power-calculator . The amount of $TOWN required in a user’s wallet may change over time, so check the website daily!
For example, when calculating Town Power, they will need 9,691 $TOWN in their wallet to continue earning that amount.
4.6. Exchanges of $GALA, $TOWN
$TOWN token is now tradable via:
- OKX: https://www.okx.com/en/trade-spot/town-usdt
- CoinEx: https://www.coinex.com/exchange?currency=USDT&dest=TOWN#spot
- MEXC: https://www.mexc.com/exchange/TOWN_USDT
- Uniswap: https://app.uniswap.org/#/swap?outputCurrency=0x3Dd98C8A089dBCFF7e8FC8d4f532BD493501Ab7F&chain=mainnet
$GALA token has been listed on major reputable exchanges such as:
Town Star is a “Flagship” and is released on the Gala Games platform – a Blockchain Game platform founded by Eric Schiermeyer, a pioneer in the traditional game industry and Blockchain Game.
Eric Schiermeyer is also the Co-Founder of Zynga – a popular mobile and social media game company. Schiermeyer is a proponent of popular games such as Zynga Poker, Mafia Wars and FarmVille.
Besides, there are other names such as:
- Wright Thurston was one of the first major miners in the cryptocurrency space and a holder of multiple blockchain technology patents.
- Michael McCarthy is the Creative Director behind popular games like Farmville 2.
In December 2021, Gala Games received an investment of $100 million from C2 Ventures – a venture capital fund owned by Ciara Sun (Formerly Head of Investment Listing of the exchange of Huobi Global).
Gala Games has released many playable games such as: Spider Tanks; Town Crush; an NFT collection named VOX. Gala Games is also developing many more games to be released in the future.
- Website: https://townstar.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TownStarGame
- Discord: https://discord.gg/FGBqErAbZQ
- Medium: https://medium.com/@town_star
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GalaGames/search?query=townstar
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TownStarOfficial
And above is all the basic information about the Town Star project. Hopefully this article will help you understand Town Star and look forward to the next GameAZ articles about basic features, how to play or how to maximize profits from this game.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or project ideas, please email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The information on this Website is provided as an overview of the market and does not constitute financial advice. GameAZ encourages you to do more research before deciding to invest.