Splinterlands is a strategy card game by NFT with 260,000 daily users, operating on the Hive blockchain. Splinterlands players fight other players using cards. There are more than 500 cards in the game. Splinterlands Cryptocurrency Token is “SPS”
Splinters refer to 7 elements in the game: fire, water, earth, life, death, dragon and neutral (mercenary). Each NFT card has a unique strength with stats and abilities that help players win over competitors.
I’m Steven – let’s learn about the game project from A – Z.
- Splinterlands is a card GameNFT project developed for desktop and mobile devices. Built on the Hive blockchain, any account in the Hive blockchain can participate.
- The main token of the project is $SPS and is used for utilities such as: Providing liquidity, Payment for services, Funding for 3rd party development, Stalking and Investment.
- The total amount of $SPS in the supply is 3,000,000 tokens and is planned to be distributed as follows: 30% for staking, 30% for game rewards, 14% for airdrop, 10% for foundation, 9% for the team, 6% for a private sale.
- The project team is people with more than 10 years of experience in programming and 4 years in the Crypto industry such as: Jesse “Aggroed” Reich and Matthew “Yabapmatt” Rosen.
- The project received the main investment from reputable funds: AU21 Capital, Venture Capital, Asset Manager, Digital Asset Capital Management, Jinlin Capital,…
1. Overview of the Splinterlands project
Splinterlands provides a platform for lovers to play cards, trade and earn in-game rewards from their desktop and mobile phones. The game currently offers more than 283 cards that players can combine to increase their character’s abilities and become stronger.
There are seven stats to gauge a card’s strength: speed, armor, mana cost, and different attack patterns, including range, magic, and melee. The Splinterlands have different “factions” also known as “Splinters”. Each card belongs to a certain faction: Fire, Earth, Dragon, Death, Life, Water and Neutral (mercenary). To gain an advantage over other players in the Splinterlands, some Rarity and Abilities are required.
Besides, Splinterlands also offers many in-game activities for players to participate in and earn daily rewards. There are several modes of play including quests, ranked games, and tournaments .
Players participate in the game at various levels to earn card packs, rarity, magic potions, and the most unique item “Dark Energy” (the digital currency used to purchase items). from the in-game store). Players in the Splinterlands can combine cards to upgrade their levels, rent out cards to other players, or convert their cards to different cryptocurrencies.
2. Splinterlands Highlights
The difference between Splinterlands and other NFT games is that balances and NFTs are not tied to the user’s account in the game, but they are tied to their MetaMask wallet . They can withdraw and sell their NFTs on 3rd party markets at any time.
Splinterlands cards can be combined to gain extra power and access different levels in the game. Users can battle other users, trade cards/take down NFTs, earn rewards from combat, and participate in tournaments.
Because it works on the Hive blockchain , any account in the Hive blockchain can participate. At the same time, this ensures that all activities in the game are transparent and clear, including results and match information.
3. Project development roadmap – Roadmap
This is the current roadmap for Splinterlands plans and developments. Everything in this roadmap is estimated and subject to change.
2nd Quarter – 2021
- Card delegation system updates
- On-site card rental system implementation
- Completion of SPS private token sale
3rd Quarter – 2021
- New partners and advisors to be announced
- Daily SPS airdrops begin
- Release of Praetoria map
- Updates and expansion to Guild Brawl system
- Addition of Gladiator cards to Brawl system
- Redemption of Land Claims
- Implementation of Splintershards (SPS) governance token begins
- Release of Chaos Legion, next core set of Splinterlands cards
- SPS LP incentives launch
- SPS tournament prizes
- SPS battle, staking and Guild rewards
4th Quarter – 2021
- Launch of SPS in-game governance
- Launch of SPS Land Expansion rewards
- Full release of Splinterlands Land Expansion
1st Quarter – 2022
- Launch of SPS DAO
- Launch of SPS Orac
4. SPS token information
4.1. Key metrics
- Official name: Splinterlands
- Token on the exchange: SPS
- Blockchain: BSC
- Contract: Updating
- Token Standard: BEP-20
- Token Type: Utility, Governance.
- Total Supply: 3,000,000,000 SPS
4.2. SPS Token Allocation & Schedule
Since the first release, SPS has been unlocked according to a predefined schedule and lasts a total of 65 months.
The total number of SPS in the supply is 3,000,000 tokens and is planned to be allocated as follows:
- 30% for the bet.
- 30% for game bonus.
- 14% for airdrop.
- 10% for the foundation.
- 9% for the team.
- 6% for a private sale.
4.3. Utility of SPS Token
Splintershards (SPS) is a new crypto governance token that will be integrated into the Splinterlands game to provide a growing product control and decision-making power to the player base, asset holders and other interested parties.
In addition SPS can be used for the following purposes:
- Provide liquidity – Token holders can vote to use some platform tokens to provide liquidity for tokens paired with other popular tokens on the external market third party like Uniswap, PancakeSwap or Hive Engine. This can also allow the platform to earn revenue in the form of liquidity provider rewards to sustain itself in the future after all initial tokens are distributed.
- Payment for Services – Token holders can vote to use certain platform tokens to pay for certain services that are expected to add value to the ecosystem, such as exchange listings or bookmarking and promotional services.
- Funding for Third-Party Development – Token holders can vote to use some of the platform tokens to fund third-party development of the intended tools and/or services will add value to the Splinterlands ecosystem, e.g. third party marketplace, automation tool, bridging/integration with other blockchain platforms, etc.
- Staking – Token holders can vote to use some of the platform tokens to bet in the game (more details on staking in the Staking & Monetization section) and make a profit as well. other rewards to help the platform sustain itself going forward after the initial tokens are fully distributed.
- Investment – Token holders can vote to use some of the platform tokens to invest in other assets or tokens (whether related to Splinterlands or not) for profit and other rewards to help the platform sustain itself in the future after all initial tokens are distributed.
4.4. How to get SPS
For you as a player, Airdrop is currently the most suitable source.
The SPS airdrop will last until Summer 2022, releasing daily SPS rewards to players in proportion to their score overall – just like on Womplay!
You will also be able to earn SPS by placing it on other players or yourself in ranked battles. Win scores for both you and your lucky bet some Splintershards. Brawls Leagues and Clans are also included in the 65-month predictable SPS distribution.
Finally, in addition to the airdrop points, owning LAND in the Splinterlands will also grant you SPS rewards, although the exact distribution model is yet to be announced.
Founder of Splinterlands
Dr. Jesse “Aggroed” Reich
CEO and Founder, Jesse has been a lifelong gamer and created his own game in 2014 using Kickstarter. After working with partner Matt, they decided to combine forces and develop a digital version of another game Jesse had designed. Before founding Splinterlands, he served as a professor, then in the marketing and sales department of software for educational software companies.
Matthew “Yabapmatt” Rosen
CTO And Founder, Matthew started developing his computer programming skills at the age of 10. He wanted to create his own video games and has been doing this professionally for almost a decade. . He has extensive experience in game design, computer programming and blockchain technology.
Up to now, Sprinterlands has acquired the above business partners and is planning to develop/expand links with other major partners.
You can find out more information about Splinterlands through:
- Whitepaper: https://docs.splinterlands.com
- Discord: http://discord.splinterlands.com/
- Telegram: https://t.me/splinterlandsHQ
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Splinterlands/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Splinterlands/
- Website: https://Splinterlands.com/
If you have any questions, comments, recommendations or project ideas, please email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: This website’s content is offered as a general market overview and does not constitute financial advice. GameAZ recommends you to conduct additional research before to investing.